Choosing treatment for an alcohol addiction can be time consuming and downright scary if you’re not sure what to look for or how to choose. The best inpatient alcohol treatment programs offer a wide range of rehabilitation options, specialized care, and proven methods of healing that can help those in need. Before you make a life changing decision, consider the following factors that will help to ensure you get the best alcohol inpatient treatment for your individual needs.
If you or someone you love is addicted to alcohol, we’ll help you find an alcoholic treatment center that’s locally available to help. Call 1-800-552-0697 today to get the supportive care you need for recovery.
Consider Factors Related to the Facility
There are various ways to determine if the facility itself is the right choice for your needs. First, consider the location of the inpatient treatment center and, if you have time, take a tour – is the facility clean, comfortable feeling, crowded, unorganized? Of course you’ll want to choose an inpatient treatment center that is clean, comfortable, and organized. You’ll want to feel safe while in treatment so that you can focus your efforts on healing and recovery.
Request information about specializations – does the facility specialize in alcohol treatment? It’s important to choose a program that specializes in treating alcoholism. If the facility does not treat alcoholism or does not specialize in such treatment, you should consider another program of care.
Request information about accreditations – is the facility licensed and accredited on a state or preferably a national level. A Columbia report found that “most addiction treatment providers are not medical professionals and are not equipped with the knowledge, skills or credentials needed to provide the full range of evidence-based services, including medication and psychosocial therapy.”
Consider Factors Related to the Type of Programs Offered
When choosing inpatient alcoholic treatment, you should also consider factors associated with the type of programs that are offered by the facility. Consider the following:
- Are services comprehensive meaning they offer a wide range of treatments for both physical and psychological elements associated with the addiction as well as underlying or co-occurring conditions?
- Does the program offer family services including support groups or counseling as part of the recovery
- What is the rate of relapse among those who have completed the recovery program?
Consider Factors Related To Staff
You will spend a period of at least 30 days in an inpatient alcohol rehab facility so it’s important to consider the staff and their involvement with you as key factor in deciding on the right facility for your needs. A caring, supportive staff will ensure you feel comfortable while a staff who is not caring and supportive of your needs can hinder your healing efforts. Consider the following factors:
- Are staff members caring and supportive?
- Are staff members licensed?
- Licenses may includeD., D.O, Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant, Ph.D., Psy. D., M. A., M.S.W., L.C.S.W., various types of certifications for alcohol abuse counseling (these credentials can vary on a state by state basis.)
- Are staff members thoroughly background checked to ensure the safety of the patients?
- Are staff members committed to patients?
Need help finding the best treatment for yourself or someone you love, call 1-800-552-0697 today.
The Final Choice
Before you attend treatment at any inpatient alcohol rehab facility, you’ll want to make sure that you have considered all of the important factors associated with your decision. Choosing a facility that has a caring staff, with quality credentials and a pristine environment can greatly improve upon your chances of remaining focused and achieving your recovery success.
When choosing alcohol rehab, you may also want to consider the following options:
- The price of treatment at the facility – can you afford the care?
- Is insurance accepted and do you have health insurance that covers treatment at the facility?
- Is the facility located close to your home or to your family so that you can receive visitors and so that family can be closely involved in your recovery efforts?
- How long does treatment last at the facility? Studies show that treatment should last a period of at least 90 days in order to be most effective.
- Is aftercare provided? Successful recovery is often backed by long term aftercare and continued counseling after inpatient rehab takes place.
For help choosing an inpatient rehab program, call our helpline immediately. We can help you choose the program that’s most suited to your individual needs or to the needs of a loved one who requires help. There’s no better time than the present to seek help.
We understand that finding treatment for alcoholism can be difficult and even scary. Don’t let your fear of what comes next prevent you from taking the necessary steps to get the help that you need. With proper care, you’ll be placed into an effective treatment program which will help you heal and feel better. In time, alcoholism will become a part of your past and recovery will be your future.
Call our helpline at 1-800-552-0697 for immediate, compassionate care that will guide you to the treatment you deserve. Our help center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support you.